Introducing Project GrailWay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing Project GrailWay

For those who are not familiar with my previous work, it is my ambition to create a new game which is primarily (but not necessarily limited to being) centered around Questing and Adventure. In addition I am hoping to involve the community in a collaboration for planning/ideas when it comes to storyline, characters, towns, races, weapon names etc, for which I aim to post threads here throughout the following weeks which provide a general outline.

Some screenshots of tileset work in progress are attached.

Note that GrailWay is the name of the project and may not necessarily be used as the name of the game.
    Outside Mansion House inside

Best of luck to you Thor! =)

Comment

It look's amazing Thor gl on building the game

Comment

Get that nostalgic feel off them pics 😬

Comment

Looks cool! Good Luck Thor :-)

Comment

Very interesting Thor. Your work on Classic was impressive. I'm happy you've decided to continue game design. If you ever get to a point where you're looking for level artists I'll definitely lend a hand.

Comment

It's baby steps but finally got the tiles organised for production within the editor.
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm not familiar with the editor at all. How well does this game support layers?

Comment

You basically need to use layers.

Comment

Originally posted by maximus_asinus View Post
                    I'm not familiar with the editor at all. How well does this game support layers?
                    Once you start thinking in layers, the tiled editor is awesome. I'm considering doing a NW to Tiled converter to get started for people familiar to other editors.

Comment

It really slows me down when I have to switch tools to copy and place then delete tiles instead of just straight up moving them around.

Comment

Can tiles draw over players? That alone would move this game 3 steps forward over that other game.

Comment

Ya, they can.

Comment

With layer attribute drawover=true

But can also be possible to support multiple walkable layers in the future (need to adapt collision, clicking, drawing).
                            Also known as Daddy and bomber

Comment

That sounds very usefull.

Comment

Working...
                              X