Development King here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Development King here

I am looking in to the possibility of creating a new adventure game should an engine become available. The base plot would involve collecting Grails throughout different themed areas of the world, with the ultimate purpose being to unlock a portal to a special area outside of the main world. I'm thinking it would be called "The Grail Adventures".

Some examples of previous quality I am aiming to re-produce can be seen here:

Quest dungeon example.

Event example.

(In no way is this an attempt to advertise the shown game -which no longer exists- or its platform. I have given up attempting to deal with Kim Jong Unixmad)

I think you would get a quicker response if you joined our discord.
    Server invite: http://discord.gg/nuasxb8
    Art thread

Comment

Originally posted by Gadget View Post
      I think you would get a quicker response if you joined our discord.
      Server invite: http://discord.gg/nuasxb8
      Thank you kind sir.

Comment

Sorry that your forum thread was put in moderation queue, we had a lot of spam on the forums and if you post more than one outside link then it needs to be first approved by a moderator.

Discord is good for getting in touch with the developer community around Avalonia.

It would be pretty cool to work together "again" We probably need to speak about the name, but the legend of Avalon is connected to grails anyway. A game centered around quests and puzzles in the tradition of Zelda 3 and in general the Zelda series will be interesting. We start to have the tools and functionality ready for such a project, and are improving each day, also having the first scripting available
        Also known as Daddy and bomber

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan View Post
          Sorry that your forum thread was put in moderation queue, we had a lot of spam on the forums and if you post more than one outside link then it needs to be first approved by a moderator.
          No problem. I didn't see a notification after the first submit, but gathered this would be the case after the 2nd attempt.

Originally posted by Stefan View Post
          It would be pretty cool to work together "again" We probably need to speak about the name, but the legend of Avalon is connected to grails anyway. A game centered around quests and puzzles in the tradition of Zelda 3 and in general the Zelda series will be interesting. We start to have the tools and functionality ready for such a project, and are improving each day, also having the first scripting available
          I'll certainly be keeping an eye on how things progress. As a programmer I know very well that no matter what you do, you always look back on the work you did years ago and think "I can do better", so it will be interesting to see what's different about these tools and I'd be keen to raise the bar myself as well.

If you and Nico feel there's an open spot for a "Zelda 3 style" game then I shall give the idea some serious thought. A name or theme based on Avalon works for me .

Comment

Will be interesting to see this again.

Comment

There is definitely a spot open, we could open a server for it and speak about the rights & financial things in private.
              The way to go is to start with a map in "tiled", plan what kind of features and documentation you need, then we can work on them in advance.
              Also known as Daddy and bomber

Comment

Kim Jong Unixmad ahahahahah
                Nice to see main developers coming to Avalonia; that i’m sure will progress a hell of alot -aswell as new games coming from it.

Comment

Working...
                X